Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday...

In a perfect world, the Denver Broncos would be playing today. They would win and when I venture to Sports Authority Field in July...Peyton Manning would have walked across the stage and handed the Lombardi Trophy to Kenny Chesney...right before the broke out with "Back Where I Come From".

But alas, we don't live in a perfect world and the Broncos lost their playoff game. Football, like life, comes full circle at times.

With no Peyton to root for, I'm forced to root for the team I grew up watching. The one and only San Francisco 49ers. Joe Montana is my all time favorite QB. Yes, I like him more than Peyton Manning. I didn't play with Barbie dolls as a kid. I had stuffed animals. But the 2 I remember the most were 2 stuffed football players. One was dressed in the green and white of my hometown University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors. The other, gold and red, with a 16 on his chest. And I remember lugged both of them into Aloha Stadium on Saturday's. 

I've been going to and watching football games for a long as I can remember. There was a time period when I hated the 9ers, I didn't like Steve Young. In my mind, he was forcing out Joe Montana. I don't do well with change. But I've put the past in the past....it's all about the Niners tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment