Friday, November 9, 2012

No Shoes Nation

It's that time of year...the time when Kenny Chesney announces his summer tour dates. He did something a little different this year. He went on air to discuss and reveal the dates live on his No Shoes Radio, online station. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to work, listen to the Erik Ainge Show on my radio and NSR streaming from my phone? What made it worse was, he revealed the dates 1 by one and I that was my busiest day in the office all week!

But let's cut to the chase. He's playing 17 (I think) stadium shows. He's suppose to announce the arena dates later. Since he played Nashville last year, I knew he wouldn't come back this. And I've given up all hope of him coming back to Neyland, well, maybe for his last show, he'd come home.

OK, so you're all wondering which shows I'm going to. Well, for the 3rd straight year, he's going to open and Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL. Mom and I will be heading down, provided I can get tickets. This is like our thing...Mom and I hitting up Kenny shows across the country. If he plays Vegas, guess who's going to be there too?

There will be shows in Columbia, SC and Atlanta, GA, but I'm not sure if Eric Church will open those. I know the Zac Brown Band will play those and the one in Minneapolis. I like ZBB, but I saw them 3 times in 2011. I'm good for a minute.

If you noticed I used the word "shows" earlier. Yes, I'm that crazy person that loves live concerts, especially Kenny concerts. I'm eyeballing the show at Fed Ex Field in Landover, MD. But, I'm getting my plans together to hit up the show at Sports Authority Field in Denver, CO.

Why Denver? Aside from the obvious, Peyton Manning might show up, one of my childhood friends lives out there. I haven't seen him in ages and I was suppose to visit a few years ago, but plans had to change. I shot him a text as soon as I heard "Denver, CO" and he replied within minutes. I told me he'd buy my concert ticket and my first 2 beers if I came out to the show.

I almost snorted at my desk, but it was a sweet offer. I told him he didn't have to pick up my concert ticket, but I would take him up on the beer offer. I never pass up free beer!

The Rockies are start a home stand that weekend, so I think we're going to try and hit up a game too. I've always wanted to visit Denver, so this is the perfect opportunity to explore a new city and catch up with an old friend. I'm also excited to meet his fiance. I hear they're planning to tie the knot at a resort in Playa del Carmen in 2014. Would be nice to meet a few more people before I show up and proceed to drink my weight in booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment