Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sawg Sells

In case you don't live in the South or don't pay attention to college football, my beloved Tennessee Vols take on their arch rival, the Florida Gators.

It's "Gator Hater" week, like it is every year, leading up to the Florida game. Both teams have issues to correct if they want to win on Saturday. I'm concerned about the Vols kicking game and our, at times, Swiss Cheese defense and secondary. I'm sure the Gators have a few kinks to work out too.

So, why do I start hearing rumors about Tennessee changing their uniforms for the game? If you were anywhere near me for the 2009 game against South Carolina, you heard my displeasure about the black jerseys.

I know it's 2012 and swag sells, but I don't give a flip about swag. I want our team focused so we can finally skin the Gators. If this black helmet makes you play harder, so be it. But ESPN's College GameDay will broadcast from Circle Park, we've got a handful of recruits in town and we're kicking at 6PM EST on ESPN. The city and the stadium need to be filled with orange.

Can you tell I'm a fan of tradition?


To swag or not to swag?


No comments:

Post a Comment