Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's about time...

For college football...I know I say this every year, but this felt like the longest off season ever!

It's no secret, there's been turmoil on Rocky Top for the past few years. I've tried not to pay attention to a lot of talk, it stresses me out. And no matter what is being said, nothing else matters except what happens between the white lines.

What happened between the white lines in the Georgia Dome last night was something I haven't seen in ages. A.) a Vols football team actually playing like a team and B.) a Vols victory in the bloody in the Dome.

Here are a few of my thoughts on the game:

Our secondary worries me a little, but maybe that was just opening game nerves

With solid snaps, I feel like our kicking game may be a bit more stable

I saw fire and desire to improve. When someone missed a tackle or botched a play, they were showed emotion. They were pissed they didn't make the play. And they showed improvement. Teams of the past would have shrugged their shoulders and just trotted off the field, like "no big deal".

Still need to wrap up and tackle. It's such a basic concept, I have no idea how we still can't do it!

Oh, Cordarrelle Patterson is the real deal...kid's a beast and going to be fun to watch for at least a season.

That being said, if the Vols continue to improve and learn from their mistakes...they can be a very special team.

Go Vols!!

No comments:

Post a Comment