Friday, July 27, 2012

Every little thing...is gonna be alright....right?

I don't like to blog about work, but sometimes it helps when I can vent. We are approaching our busiest time of the year. From about October to March, I feel like I don't know which end is up.

I currently manage a team of seven. My buddy manages another seven. Well, I lost one team member to law school earlier this month. Another team member will be transferring to another department on August 1st and I just found out today another team member may be moving out of state within the next month.

My buddy is losing two of his team members to transfers and another is interviewing for another position sometime in the near future.

And did I mention they wanted us to each have up to eight or nine person teams, each?! We'd have no problem with that, but there aren't any applicants!!

This is what freaks me out. A lot of the qualified people in other departments would have to take a cut in not only rank, but pay as well. And with the lower level, their opportunity for raises would be much smaller.

Here's hoping I don't lose my mind by October 1st.

But no matter what, I fully believe, every little thing...is going to be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment