Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thinking outside the box

A friend of mine will be getting married in November. For some reason, I have a very difficult time picking out wedding gifts. I always wonder, "Do they really want this? Or did they just play with the gun thingy?"

In case my friend reads this post, I won't give it all away, but I'm trying to do something a little more personalized and unique. I have zero artistic talent, but my buddy Keith, is pretty gifted. I've commissioned him to work on my little project. I gave him the idea, very little direction and a deadline.

If you've seen Keith's other pieces, you know this is totally outside his comfort zone, but will be a good challenge for him. I saw a quick doodle this afternoon and was already impressed.

I honestly think he could sell his work. If this project turns out as well as I think it will, I'm going to pimp him out and collect my finder's fee!

No comments:

Post a Comment