Friday, May 20, 2011

The End?

Apparently I've been living in a cave. I have not been paying any attention to all of this "Rapture" talk. I had no idea what it meant till about 8:30AM.

Someone has predicted the world will end tomorrow, 5/21/11. This confused be because the only date I was aware of, was 12/21/12, as predicted by the Myans. They even made a movie about it.

I hope the world doesn't end tomorrow. There are still so many things I want to see and do. There are also so many things I still have to get off my chest.

I hope this post doesn't come across as 'too snarky', but here's the bottom line. None of us know when the world will end. And that's just fine with me. I don't want to know when my time is up. When it's up, it's up. End of story.

I will say this, the last 18 months or so has been a real eye opener for me, really...it has. I have a better idea of who I am and what I will and will not put up with in my life. I've also learned to live by one of my favorite motto's: "live each day to the fullest, you never know when it will be your last".

Moral of the story. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. Don't go to bed angry, don't take your loved ones for granted, don't be scared of the unknown. Take that leap of faith, you never know what could be waiting for you on the other side. Leave the past behind and make a better future.

But just in case all the "experts" are right...

No comments:

Post a Comment