Monday, April 8, 2013

13.1

As I've stated before, I hate running. Did I also mention I hate to sweat. Yes, I'm also not big on manual labor.

But I got this wild idea today. Why not run in next year's Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon? Well, I guess I should be more specific in that I think I can run the half marathon. 13.1 miles, that's a little less daunting than the full 26.2 miles. I think if I actually get serious about it, I could survive it. Maybe.

While this idea is still rolling around in my head a co-worker planted another seed. What about the First Annual Southernmost Marathon? Or in my case, the half marathon. I mean Key West is much flatter than Knoxville and what's the worst that could happen...I'd end up at Margaritaville.

Hogfish and chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick. That's about the only motivation I need. Now here's the kicker, the price. The half marathon registration fee is only $65.00, but the plane ticket and hotel are over  $1000. Am I serious enough to drop that kind of cash to run through the streets of Key West?

Decisions...decisions...decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment