Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brothers of the Sun, Nashville

Another summer, another Kenny Chesney show. This time, I didn't have to leave the state, I just had to hop on 40 and head west to Nashville. The last 2 times Kenny played Nashville, it was over the 4th of July holiday. I can't imagine how hot it would have been this year. It was hot enough last weekend.

I missed Jake Owen and Grace Potter, but I didn't really plan on listening to them anyway. I was waiting for Tim McGraw and Kenny. I'd seen Tim once before, here in Knoxville, but his set on Saturday was nothing like what I had seen before. For starters, he was dressing in white, with his trademark black hat, but no facial hair. He looked good, real good. Not only that, he sounded amazing. Kenny was going to have a tough act to follow.

But just like always, Kenny delivered. I'd have to say, this was probably the best show I've seen, excluding the one in Vegas. It looked like he was just having fun on stage. I think the 50,000 others at LP Field would agree.

If you haven't been to a show this year and they're near you...go see them!













No comments:

Post a Comment